Sunday, October 11, 2009

The Little Things

Brian putzed in the yard, I mean, worked very hard in the yard yesterday. Trimming bushes, removing branches that had blown in the yard, etc. When he came in the house he presented me with the following ... they were presented to me exactly how you see them below ... In a beautiful vase, with small stones at the bottom, and purple foliage to add to the color of the amazing pink miniature roses. They smelled wonderful. It is amazing that such a small flower could produce such a smell. It made my day. The rose bush (I have photographed and posted earlier) was given to us by the McNally's, and is now in a place in our yard, where it is really blooming! I have decided to dedicate the flowers below to my Papa. He loved roses, and spent many of his days tending to them. I miss you! Enjoy the pictures ...

Yes, they are in a St. Arnold's Beer glass. If you haven't been to the local micro brew in Houston, it is really worth going too.

2 comments:

David Brown said...

The tribute to Papa made me catch my breath and wipe my eyes before I walked into class. Beautiful flowers. Thoughtful husband. Sweet daughter.

Debbie Howerton said...

Just saw this and I too must wipe my eyes and say that you have a sweet husband and he has a kind & thoughtful wife. The dedication to Papa ....so appropriate. Thanks, Megan!